This soup is like tasting the forest wild mushroom. It takes 20 minutes to make it and has no cream or dairy. A great option / substitute for the mushroom soup cans from the supermarket. My guests thought it was my best plate so far!haha . TIP: use a processor to cut the veggies, it will take you 3 secs 😉
Ingredients for 4:
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 celeriac finely chopped
- 1 standard sized package of chestnut mushrooms (half Finley chopped)
- 1 standard sized package of chanterelle mushrooms
- Fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, fresh parsley, fresh sage
- 1 bay leave
- 1l vegetable stock (you might use less)
- Sauté the onion, garlic and leek in some extra virgin olive oil
- Once a bit softened add half mushrooms very chopped – sprinkle some salt and add the chopped fresh herbs (not bay leave)
- When all softened, add chopped celeriac mix all together, add vegetable stock and season w/ S&P (enough to cover everything at least)
- Let boil and soften, then let it cool a bit before blending. Blend until you reach a creamy texture. While waiting to cool, sauté in a pan some chanterelles with thyme and olive oil, reserve for garnish.
- Add to the ‘cream’ the rest of chestnut mushrooms and chanterelles until softened.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!!
Follow me on Instagram: chef.killa